Get the records publication that is Sweeping the Nation!
Appropriate for All Levels--Undergraduate to Doctorate courses in each Discipline!
This re-creation of Field's bestselling textbook presents scholars of statistical tools with every thing they should comprehend, use and document facts - at each point. Written in Andy Field's brilliant and interesting kind, and provided with playful examples from daily pupil existence (among different places), the publication varieties an available gateway into the customarily intimidating global of information and a special chance for college kids to floor their wisdom of statistics by utilizing SPSS. The textual content is absolutely compliant with the newest unencumber of SPSS (version 13).
Key updates in Second Edition:
- extra insurance with thoroughly new fabric on non-parametric records, loglinear research, influence sizes and the way to document statistical analysis
- much more student-friendly positive aspects, together with a word list of key statistical phrases and routines on the finish of chapters for college students to paintings via, with datasets and solutions to bankruptcy routines at the accompanying CD-ROM
- a bigger and extra easy-to-reference structure: notation in each one part identifies the meant point of research whereas the recent 2-color textual content layout complements the positive aspects within the ebook and, including the bigger layout, presents additional readability throughout
- A spouse site is on the market at www.sagepub.co.uk/field, containing assets for either scholars and teachers: a testbank of MCQs for college students to check their very own wisdom; on-line word list in flash card structure; a number of selection questions and solutions to take advantage of for sophistication overview – to be had on limited entry foundation to teachers through access password; and PowerPoint Slides of all formatted art within the textbook for teachers to incorporate of their personal lecture slides.
Andy box is a Senior Lecturer in Psychology on the collage of Sussex, U.K. where his good fortune in making records obtainable was once famous with a instructing award in 2001.
"The moment version of Andy Field's Discovering records utilizing SPSS is a wonderful publication and a priceless addition to the instructing of data within the behavioral sciences. The name of the ebook effectively displays the strategy taken. this isn't easily a primer on how you can use SPSS, yet is a great records textual content utilizing SPSS as a car for illustrating and increasing at the statistical content material of the publication. while it additionally serves as a handbook for SPSS, and has taught me issues that I had now not recognized concerning the software. I locate this versatile method of the mixing of content material and software program to be a great way of training the cloth. it really is most unlikely to check this e-book with no commenting on Andy's specific sort. I loved it immensely and imagine that it's going to entice either scholars and their teachers. it's clean to work out an individual who does not take himself too seriously."
-- David C Howell, Professor Emeritus, University of Vermont
Read Online or Download Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods S.) (2nd Edition) PDF
Best Probability Statistics books
Alan Agresti and Chris Franklin have merged their study and school room event to boost this profitable introductory information textual content. records: The artwork and technology of studying from information, 3rd version, is helping scholars develop into statistically literate through encouraging them to invite and resolution attention-grabbing statistical questions.
The 1st ebook at the suggestion and functions of ranked set sampling. It presents a complete evaluation of the literature, and it comprises many new effects and novel purposes. The precise description of assorted equipment illustrated via genuine or simulated facts makes it priceless for scientists and practitioners in program parts comparable to agriculture, forestry, sociology, ecological and environmental technology, and scientific experiences.
- < f is expanding. The latter a part of the booklet offers with services of bounded version and nearly non-stop capabilities. eventually there's an exhaustive bankruptcy at the generalized Cantor units and Cantor services. The bibliography is wide and an outstanding number of workouts serves to explain and occasionally expand the consequences offered within the textual content.
Extra resources for Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods S.) (2nd Edition)