By Neill Wilkinson
'Next iteration' refers back to the new applied sciences and companies that telecommunications operators could have at their disposal as they bring new 3G networks the place voice and knowledge converge and that are in accordance with packet switched instead of circuit switched telephony.
supplying a far wanted assessment of the most recent verbal exchange applied sciences and describing the affects of the so-called "next new release" networks on telecommunication operators' environments, this article starts with a really short background of telecommunications, and explains how the appearance of the net has replaced the way in which humans take into consideration communications. The e-book is divided into 3 parts:
1. applied sciences: Describes the several applied sciences which are influencing the switch from circuit switched to packet switched telephony. Covers Media Gateway keep watch over (MEGACO), software provider provision, versions for administration, cellular and glued applied sciences akin to electronic Subscriber Line and GPRS.
2. companies: Explains the hot providers which are made attainable via the recent applied sciences, and the way they enhance on present companies. This part additionally brings in very important thoughts from software program engineering (such as software frameworks) and indicates how they're used to create versatile community architectures.
three. Going ahead: the results of all of the contemporary adjustments at the telecommunications operators, and the way it really is attainable to capitalise in this. Roadmaps supply an image of the kingdom of the in six months, 12 months and 3 years' time.
* provides overviews of all of the new applied sciences and providers, demonstrating how they interrelate
* Written via a expert with a large event of putting in networks, in addition to advising on community options for firms together with Marconi, BT, IPL, Mercury, BTCellnet and Cable & Wireless
* assurance contains web connectivity, e-commerce, name centres, program provider provision, UMTS, WAP, billing, safeguard and listing allow networks
a number one aspect reference source for telecommunications community managers, community strategists and architects.
Read Online or Download Next Generation Network Services: Technologies & Strategies PDF
Best Certification books
This e-book is the second one installment of a two-volume sequence on IPv6 and the KAME implementation. This e-book discusses these protocols which are present in extra able IPv6 units, are in most cases deployed in additional complicated IPv6 community environments, or aren't particular to IPv6 yet are prolonged to aid IPv6.
“Network pros who're seeking to installation triple-play merchant networks will locate this e-book a great tool. ” –Michael Newbery, IP Architect, TelstraClear constrained “This publication offers a wealth of knowledge on present and destiny broadband architectures, companies, and deployments. it's going to serve either skilled technical specialists desiring a finished reference, as good as these desiring a concise rationalization of broadband entry architectures and multi-play prone.
This article makes an attempt to supply a much-needed implementation advisor to Juniper networks. It positive factors unique examples and case reports and covers the entire fundamentals for newcomers, whereas demanding reviews clients with validated configuration examples all through.
Additional resources for Next Generation Network Services: Technologies & Strategies