By Rachel Klee
The Definitive UNIX Resource--Fully Updated
Get state of the art insurance of the latest releases of UNIX--including Solaris 10, all Linux distributions, HP-UX, AIX, and FreeBSD--from this completely revised, one-stop source for clients in any respect adventure degrees. Written by way of UNIX specialists with decades of expertise beginning with Bell Laboratories, UNIX: the total Reference, moment Edition offers step by step directions on tips to use UNIX and benefit from its robust instruments and utilities.
Get up-and-running on UNIX speedy, use the command shell and computing device, and entry the web and email. you will additionally discover ways to administer systems and networks, boost functions, and safe your UNIX atmosphere. Up-to-date chapters on UNIX computers, Samba, Python, Java Apache, and UNIX internet improvement are integrated.
- Install, configure, and continue UNIX in your workstation or workstation
- Work with records, directories, instructions, and the UNIX shell
- Create and alter textual content records utilizing robust textual content editors
- Use UNIX pcs, together with GNOME, CDE, and KDE, as an finish consumer or method administrator
- Use and deal with e mail, TCP/IP networking, and net services
- Protect and keep the safety of your UNIX approach and network
- Share units, printers, and documents among home windows and UNIX systems
- Use strong UNIX instruments, together with awk, sed, and grep
- Develop your individual shell, Python, and Perl scripts, and Java, C, and C++ courses below UNIX
- Set up Apache net servers and enhance browser-independent websites and applications
Read or Download UNIX: The Complete Reference, Second Edition (Complete Reference Series) PDF
Best Operating Systems books
This ebook deals an incredibly updated, in-depth, and broad-based exploration of the newest advances in UNIX-based working structures. concentrating on the layout and implementation of the working approach itself — now not at the purposes and instruments that run on it -- this booklet compares and analyzes the possible choices provided through numerous vital UNIX variations, and covers a number of complex matters, similar to multi-processors and threads.
Designed as an creation to UNIX procedure crash unload research, this is often the 1st e-book to debate intimately UNIX process panics, crashes and hangs, their factors, what to do after they take place, tips to gather information regarding them, the right way to research that details, and the way to get the matter resolved. KEY subject matters: half One covers idea and instruments.
The one Apple-certified publication on Mac OS X, this entire reference takes aid technicians and ardent Mac clients deep within their working platforms, masking every thing from networking applied sciences to process management, customizing the working procedure, command-line programming, and extra. Keyed to the training goals of the Apple Helpdesk expert certification examination, the teachings during this self-paced quantity function an ideal complement to Apple's personal education type and a prime primer for desktop aid team of workers who have to troubleshoot and optimize Mac OS X as a part of their jobs.
Extra info for UNIX: The Complete Reference, Second Edition (Complete Reference Series)